1. Use YouTube to get traffic to your website and blog.If you’ve got a website or blog which brings in income, you need traffic. Many websites were hard-hit by Google’s Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird updates. If this happened to you, you’re hurting. You can use YouTube to not only regain traffic, but also increase it. Get started using the Creator Playbook. Once you’re set up, consider repurposing some older content into videos, as well as creating new videos. Make sure that you link to your own website in the first line of your video descriptions, so you can funnel your YouTube traffic to where you want it to go.
2. Create products and promote them on YouTube.If you’re creating your own products or would like to, YouTube offers unlimited ways for you to promote your products and make sales. Products you can create include ebooks, apps, art, and music. Create your products, and add them to a shopping cart. Then use YouTube to promote them. As we mentioned above, add a link to your product in your video’s description, so that viewers can buy.
3. Sell others’ products as an affiliate marketer.“Affiliate marketing” means selling products in exchange for a commission. Hundreds of thousands of companies offer attractive deals to affiliate marketers who promote their products, including huge companies, like Amazon and eBay, as well as smaller companies. Additionally, there are many affiliate networks you can join. These networks include ClickBank, Commission Junction, and .
Join Amazon’s affiliate program
To make money from YouTube as an affiliate marketer, review your affiliate products on video, or create “how to use this product” tutorials. Don’t forget to link to your products in your YouTube descriptions – make sure you’re using your affiliate link, or you won’t get credit for sales.
4. Get creative: Create a Web TV series.Love telling stories? YouTube lets you create your own Web TV shows. You’re limited only by your imagination… and your budget. You can create a comedy series, a drama series, or your own talk show. Be aware that YouTube limits your show’s length to 15 minutes. To upload longer videos, you’ll need to increase your limit. If you’re a frustrated TV or screen writer, get a few friends together, and record your own TV shows. You never know. If you get lots of views, you may develop a new career.
5. Become a YouTube personality.YouTube stars can make a lot of money. BlueXephos for example, has almost a billion channel views. At $7 per thousand video views, the income soon mounts up. If you’ve got quirky ideas, or are passionate about your interests, develop your YouTube channel. You never know, you may be the next YouTube star.
6. Monetize your videos with the YouTube Partner Program.After you’ve created several videos, it’s time to join the YouTube Partner Program. All you need to do is enable your channel for monetization, and you’ll receive your share of the income from advertising on YouTube. Just as the YouTube stars do, you’ll get paid for each thousand views on your videos. Click this link to get started – your first step is to verify your channel.
7. Teach: share your knowledge with tutorials.Tutorials are huge on YouTube. If you know how to do something, you can teach others, and make money from your videos. Beauty videos are popular. Michelle Phan for example has over 1.3 million views.
Teach: share your knowledge on YouTube
8. Test-market your products.YouTube is an amazing resource for market research – you can soon discover whether your brilliant, innovative idea is likely to be profitable. For example, if you’ve got an idea for a product, but need funding, create some videos before you create a campaign. The views and comments on your videos will tell you whether your idea is viable in its present form. The YouTube audience can even help you to make it viable, so that your efforts to get funding are successful.
9. Become an expert on meta data: use keywords to get an audience.One hundred HOURS of video are uploaded to YouTube every MINUTE. This means that there’s huge competition for attention. You need to do everything you can to ensure that your videos get found. Your videos’ meta data will help. “Meta data” is data which gives information about your videos. In its Creator Playbook, YouTube tells you how to create your meta data:
YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine, and it uses metadata – your video’s title, tags and description – to index your video correctly. To maximize your presence in search, promotion, suggested videos and ad-serving, make sure your metadata is well optimized.Optimizing your videos for search makes the difference between success and failure, so be sure to do it.